Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hello out there!

I have been away for so long- I'm not sure I have any followers yet. It's been a crazy year. My daughter is nearly 1, and my twin boys are three!!! Three!!! I can't believe we have made it. These kids are the light of my life and keep me VERY busy. I have been sewing a lot, working part time at a cloth diapering store, and trying to get the most out of life.

It's completely crazy having 3 children. I don't have much time for blogging or other things I enjoy doing- but I seem to be getting a little more free time as the boys become more and more self-sufficient.

Hopefully I can post pictures of some of my finished projects- that seems to help me relieve a lot of stress. The better I get at sewing, the more I love it! I made a dress for my daughter to wear to my grandfather's wake (rest in peace, Poppy- I love you). I made myself a coordinating piece to add to my bought dress- and so many were amazed at how well we "matched". I had to say, "Well I made her dress so it would match mine" with a big smile on my face. It's a great compliment when people say how fantastic it looks and they "wish they were that talented". Honestly it's not the talent- it's finding fantastic YouTube videos and free blog tutorials. I can't imagine how I would have learned this stuff had it been 20-30 years ago- but technology is such a valuable part of the equation.

I just learned how to use bias tape- and found a great tutorial on how to make my own. I love finding free, fantastic resources through the web! If anyone is interested, here is the link!

http://mylittlegirlscloset.blogspot.com/2010/03/tutorial-making-and-using-bias-tape.html?showComment=1341358196752#c3284023695847867225

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Please keep it clean & spam free, thanks! :)